Get your favorite photo with some color on the canvas. How do you get your favorite photo on the canvas? It’s SOO very easy. Even I managed it. How do you get your favorite photo on the canvas? It’s SOO very easy. Even I managed it. So you get your favorite photo with some color on the canvas.
Are you still looking for a nice Christmas present for your loved ones? Here is an idea with a very special personal touch. This guarantees happy faces on Christmas Eve. If you dont want to do it yourself, check out DRUCKAUFLEINWAND.
Your favourite photo, printed out on commercial copy paper a correspondingly large canvas (suitable for the photo, e.g. 40x40cm) a pot with gel medium (e.g. ModPodge or Liquitex) a painter’s brush a sponge
Here’s the deal:
- Here you see all utensils again at a glance. Photo print, canvas, gel medium, brush (plus sponge).
- The first step is to apply the gel medium generously and evenly to the canvas.
- Here one should proceed conscientiously and not leave out the edges.
- Then comes the exciting part: Put the photo print with the picture side on the prepared canvas.
- The aim is to apply the motif as centrally and straight as possible. As long as the adhesive gel is still moist, slight corrections are possible.
- Of course, the edges should also be turned over and glued on accordingly. This ensures a clean transition between the edge and the surface at the end.
- It is very important to really remove all wrinkles or air bubbles. This ultimately makes the result all the more beautiful.
- Prepared in this way, the canvas must dry together with the overlay at least overnight, better 24 hours. The next day you can then carefully start folding back the folded side panels.
Now comes the big appearance
Lightly moistened, the picture is dabbed wet. It should really be completely moistened and slightly transparent. It reminds a bit of napkin technique, only more beautiful!
This makes it very easy to rub off the excess paper. Gently and with a sure instinct. Layer by layer, small paper sausages roll off the canvas and the photo appears.
And before you know it, you have the result in your hands: Your favourite photo on canvas. To put up or hang on the wall. Have fun imitating it! I was immediately enthusiastic about this idea. And I can already see the blessed smile of my mum before me. Why don’t you give it a try, you’ll see, it’s child’s play.